Re: Build 53

Sharon Kim

hello all,
I hope this email finds you well.
So I have the latest update of flicktype, and here are my observations.
Now I'm aware, that some of these things are things that you guys are
already aware of, but I'll just put it down here, in case one slips
through the cracks.
1. It appears to be rather laggy.
I don't know why, but whenever I use the system wide keyboard, it just
seems slow, and clunky to me. It almost feels like I'd save more time
by switching back and forth between apps.
2. When you change to the flicktype keyboard, there is a bit of time
where nothing happens. No tap sounds, voice over doesn't talk, it's
almost like the phone freezes, but this only happens when I change to
another keyboard. What I have to do, is to make random gestures,
swiping, just random things, tapping, till it starts talking to me.
Usually it will within like five seconds or so, but in that time,
there is no feedback, no nothing. it's just like frozen in time or
something. lol.
3. Now this is a big one for me. We are not able to use the words we
have put in the custom dictionary.
The reason why this is a big one is because, with the dictionary you
guys are using, and I know there is an intended change, but with the
dictionary that's being used now, there are actual words missing from
it. I gave you guys several examples in a couple tweets a week or so
back. Because of this, I have added those words to my custom
dictionary, which I cannot use if I use the system wide keyboard.
All in all, I think this is a great start, but I think there has to
definitely be an increase in response time. It's not just about the
tap sounds coming in slower, it's just everything. The entire keyboard
feels to me, a bit clunky and laggy.
So for now, I'm switching back and forth between apps, but I'm sure
given time this will improve.
That's all from me.
I hope you all havea lovely day.

On 5/2/18, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...> wrote:
Hello Maxter and List,
On my phone, flicking right after a word also does not announce a full stop.
For me though, this behavior only occurred in the Mail app but not in Notes
or Messages.
Chanelle

On May 2, 2018, at 00:20, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Ok, is there a way of giving the user the option of decreasing the text
size it they wish?

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be
gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’