Re: Build 53

Chanelle Allen

Hello Maxter and List,
On my phone, flicking right after a word also does not announce a full stop. For me though, this behavior only occurred in the Mail app but not in Notes or Messages.
Chanelle

On May 2, 2018, at 00:20, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Ok, is there a way of giving the user the option of decreasing the text size it they wish?

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26

Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:09:18 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 53

Good morning guys.

Great effort on another build with multiple improvements. Here are my very early thoughts.

When typing, each word I type is announced with a pitch change, the pitch going up as I would expect it to do if I was deleting. The only time normal pitch is heard is when flicking right for a full stop then the last word of the sentence is as expected....

Unfortunately flicking right for a full stop doesn't announce full stop. It is inserted, as I noticed if I flick down then the comma, colon etc are announced and if I flick back up then full stop is heard, just not on the initial flick right.

The three fingers swipe... I really like the flick left and right to navigate sentences. This could become a very powerful tool, alongside the two fingers left and right to navigate words. And the 3 finger flick down works as expected to dismiss the keyboard. My only concern here is screen space if a half screen keyboard is implemented in future. As I'm currently using an SE, if I put 3 fingers on the screen vertically they take up very nearly half the screen. This should be ok for left and right gestures but leaves less margin for error for the 3 finger swipe down, and more so if someone uses landscape mode as default. (I use portrait) Sorry, I know I've used my flux capacitor here and identified a potential problem that doesn't exist yet or may never exist but just a thought that crossed my mind.

I like being able to change the keyboard sound as I've been using the marimba effect as standard for a while now.

Apologies I can’t comment on the visual changes.

I know it's early days, but I'm very excited at the potential of this extension and I'm looking forward to its journey through development!

Macky

Join alpha@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.