hi.

I'm running build 54. I definitely do find the two white bars to be beneficial. Perhaps displaying the letters too would be good.

I really like the large text at the top of the screen as I type.

I am not seeing the issue with full stops not being announced as someone mentioned above.

I hope you are able to bring back the new line and manual entry soon.

Dave

On 2 May 2018, at 15:07, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

I an running build fifty four. Sometimes when trying to flick through the alternative word list, the verbal response is space. Also, the verbal response kind of stutters when entering a word. Overall the custom keyboard is somewhat sluggish. Thanks so much.

On May 1, 2018, at 9:52 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

This took longer than expected. Changes since the previous build:

- This is a major rewrite. Among other differences, the previous build would only change the underlying textfield when you exited the FlickType keyboard, not while you typed. FlickType will now immediately perform all edits in the current field, such as inserting, deleting or changing words. This paves the way for an optional half-screen mode in the near future.
- Reduced memory consumption to address crashing. Unfortunately iOS only allows very little active memory for keyboards compared to regular apps, and aggressively terminates any keyboard that crosses the threshold.
- You now also need to enable "Full Access" in the FlickType settings under the iOS settings app. This is for FlickType to be able to play any sound effects such as taps. The previous method of playing taps was using a private API and was likely to be rejected if submitted to the App Store. Currently, if you don't enable "Full Access" the keyboard will crash. This is a good opportunity to share our very short privacy policy: http://www.flicktype.com/privacy
- If you have some pending taps and flick left to delete, FlickType will now announce "Cleared taps" instead of deleting the previous word.
- You can now move the cursor and navigate the entire current document, not just the current sentence. This should make it more usable for writing longer pieces of text.
- Added a visual keyboard indicator for low-vision folks, in the form of 2 horizontal white bars representing the top and bottom rows.
- Introducing the FlickType "visual announcements", designed to better help low-vision and hearing-impaired folks use the product. All VoiceOver typing announcements for inserting, deleting and changing words will now also be displayed as high-contrast text using the largest possible font size that fits the entire screen above the keyboard area. This replaces the text view that was previously used for debugging.
- The gesture to dismiss the keyboard has been changed to a 3 finger flick down.

We are both really looking forward to hearing what you all think, smile!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley