Re: Text does not scroll.

Sharon Kim

Hello all,
I hope this email finds you well.
Okay so I was a bit slow on the uptake, but I've updated to the latest
version of flicktype.
My only problem with it so far is, that it just generally seems a bit
laggy. Now I know this is something that you guys are probably aware
of, but I just wanted to put it out there. oddly enough, on my first
go, I prefer the app itself, I don't know why though. I guess because
it just seems a bit more responsive. That being said, this is a good
start, because everyone and their uncle wants a system wide keyboard,
myself included, so I'm extremely happy to be testing this.

On 4/27/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hi Kosta,
I only noticed that the text did not scroll when I was checking out the
layout under my CCTV, during normal operation I can not read the text on the
screen.
As a matter of fact, I used the Fleksy VO app right up until iOS went to 64
bit. Most of the app's features didn't work, and the text did not show on
the screen, and their was no way to review what I had just typed, but I
could copy and paste with it and it was still faster than the iOS keyboard.

So, I agree, there really is no need to be able to see the text while
typing.

Chuck

On Apr 27, 2018, at 12:23 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck and George.

Even though there is no current way of entering a new line, the displayed
text will wrap at the edge of the screen and break into the next line. But
the underlying text field that you are typing into will not have any new
line.

The text should eventually scroll, thank you for pointing that out. I
should also say that currently, the only reason text is even displayed at
all is so that it’s easier for me to make sure things are working as
expected, smile. But I do have some ideas in this area that can really
help folks with limited vision, more to come soon on that.