Re: Some Questions

Benny Barber

Got it. Sounds good to me. Thanks.
Benny

On Mar 10, 2019, at 6:43 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Benny,

What I actually had in mind is that you would swipe up after manually typing a letter to capitalize it. Currently you 3D touch when manually typing a letter to capitalize it, but I'm just concerned about devices that don't have the 3D touch feature.

So there would be no interference with punctuation.

It's just one idea though ☺️

Dave
On 10 Mar 2019, at 11:07, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

I like some of the suggestions, but I see a problem with flicking up to
capitalize a letter. If one has just entered a comma and wants to
capitalize the next word by flicking up, this jesture would simply change
the comma to a period. Am I understanding what is being suggested with the
flick up jesture to capitalize? Just thinking. Thanks.

Benny

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Salman Haider
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:42 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Some Questions

I too like the suggestion of being able to add a word manually to the
dictionary by using a one finger swipe up gesture (like it used to be
in the initial Flicktype days).
I also don't think that it would be more confusing as Dave correctly
pointed out, that gesture at this point does not do anything.
Therefore, if anything, it would simply be an addition to the existing
functionality and only be used by users who actually prefer adding
words to the dictionary that way.
To reduce any confusion, the existing method of manually adding words
to the dictionary should also be kept.

I also like the suggestion of adding a one finger swipe up gesture to
capitalize a letter, and that does not have anything to do with 3D
touch. Simply more convenient in my opinion.

Salman

On 3/8/19, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:
I don't see why that would be. It's no more confusing than any other
gesture
I don't think...
On 7 Mar 2019, at 20:58, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Good point... But the only problem I see, and its a minor point, is there
may be some confusion among the less tech savy users.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Mar 7, 2019, at 1:22 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

I could live with a two finger swipe, though always prefer one.
The way I see it though, this would not affect the very important
function that you mention. After manually typing a word, the first swipe
right just confirms the word, a swipe down gives you alternative
suggestions, while a swipe up does nothing. Emoji and punctuation
require
a second swipe right.

Cheers,
Dave

On 7 Mar 2019, at 19:06, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi David,
Would a two finger swipe up to enter manually typed words into the
dictionary work for you ?
I would hate to lose the single finger swipe up for emoji, and the
swipe
down for punctuation.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Mar 7, 2019, at 11:27 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

I hope you're well.

Firstly, thanks for adding the ability to clear out the dictionary, it
is very helpful.
However I am now in a bit of a bind. I don't want to switch on the
automatic adding of manually typed words, because as mentioned, it
gets
messy. But the requirement to go into the app to add words manually is
a pain honestly. So I wondered if you could add back the ability to
add
words manually while typing? Previously this was done with a swipe up
after confirming the word, which worked well.

I also wonder if you might consider bringing back the one finger swipe
up to capitalize a letter? The reason I ask is that the iPhone X R
does
not have 3D Touch, and it seems very possible that Apple will kill the
feature entirely.
Your implementation of 3D Touch is the best I've seen, and the only
thing I would really miss! I'm probably going to get the next version
of the XR this year, and would hate to lose the ability to type as I
do
now, I don't like the two finger tap method at all.

My final question is kinda from left field...
Are you by any chance considering taking FlickType across to Android?