Go to the settings section of the app, and switch on the option to automatically learn new words. This will give you the same functionality as in previous versions.

Hope that helps,
Dave

On 9 Mar 2019, at 21:56, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta and Ashely, I hope this email finds you well.
Okay so I've taken my sweet time in making this post, because I really wanted to test out the new version.
So first of all, the hold not adding words that you manually typed in to the dictionary, is not something I'm a huge fan of. I actually loved that you could add a word so easily and quickly. I mean maybe your dictionary got a little cluttered, but you could at least clear it out if need be. So to me, taking out that entire option is not an improvement.
Secondly, I know that in this build, you guys have tried to improve accuracy. It's not improved, in fact if anything it's worsened. I now have more trouble getting it to suggest the word I want, than what it was before. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it rather frustrating, because it's coming up with insane words, that aren't anywhere near what I typed. When before, I didn't have this issue at all. Or if I did, it was very rare.
Lastly, there is a bug, and it must die. It must be squashed with ferocity. It happens when I type a quotation mark, and try and type in a word. Then when I swipe right, rather than giving me the suggestion, it quite literally erases everything I've typed and I have to type it all in again. The only way around it, is to manually type in the word after the quote. So for example, if I typed in, "Yes, of course." I'd have to type in the quote manually, which is fine, but then when I switch back to letters and type in yes, it gets rid of everything. so what I have to do is type quote, switch back to letters, then manually type in yes, for it to work properly. I'm not sure this makes any sense, but as I can't show it to you, it's a bit difficult to explain. Now, I will note, that this bug did not occur before the latest update. I hope this helps, I do appologize, if I do come across as a bit critical, but I've kind of been holding off, in hopes that I might just have to get used to things. But no, it's just... no good. Hope these gets fixed soon. Thank you both so much, I truly appreciate it.
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Nason" <dnason@...
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Date sent: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 18:27:50 +0000
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Some Questions

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

I hope you're well.

Firstly, thanks for adding the ability to clear out the dictionary, it is very helpful.
However I am now in a bit of a bind. I don't want to switch on the automatic adding of manually typed words, because as mentioned, it gets messy. But the requirement to go into the app to add words manually is a pain honestly. So I wondered if you could add back the ability to add words manually while typing? Previously this was done with a swipe up after confirming the word, which worked well.

I also wonder if you might consider bringing back the one finger swipe up to capitalize a letter? The reason I ask is that the iPhone X R does not have 3D Touch, and it seems very possible that Apple will kill the feature entirely.
Your implementation of 3D Touch is the best I've seen, and the only thing I would really miss! I'm probably going to get the next version of the XR this year, and would hate to lose the ability to type as I do now, I don't like the two finger tap method at all.

My final question is kinda from left field...
Are you by any chance considering taking FlickType across to Android?