Re: Some Questions

Rocco Fiorentino

I actually really like the idea of the one finger swipe up to add words to the dictionary, as long as it doesn’t infringe on the punctuation and emoji issue.

Rocco

On Mar 7, 2019, at 3:20 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

I don't see why that would be. It's no more confusing than any other gesture I don't think...

On 7 Mar 2019, at 20:58, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Good point... But the only problem I see, and its a minor point, is there may be some confusion among the less tech savy users.

Chuck  (mobile)

On Mar 7, 2019, at 1:22 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

I could live with a two finger swipe, though always prefer one.
The way I see it though, this would not affect the very important function that you mention. After manually typing a word, the first swipe right just confirms the word, a swipe down gives you alternative suggestions, while a swipe up does nothing. Emoji and punctuation require a second swipe right.

Cheers,
Dave

On 7 Mar 2019, at 19:06, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi David,
Would a two finger swipe up to enter manually typed words into the dictionary work for you ?
I would hate to lose the single finger swipe up for emoji, and the swipe down for punctuation.

Chuck  (mobile)

On Mar 7, 2019, at 11:27 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

I hope you're well.

Firstly, thanks for adding the ability to clear out the dictionary, it is very helpful.
However I am now in a bit of a bind. I don't want to switch on the automatic adding of manually typed words, because as mentioned, it gets messy. But the requirement to go into the app to add words manually is a pain honestly. So I wondered if you could add back the ability to add words manually while typing? Previously this was done with a swipe up after confirming the word, which worked well.

I also wonder if you might consider bringing back the one finger swipe up to capitalize a letter? The reason I ask is that the iPhone X R does not have 3D Touch, and it seems very possible that Apple will kill the feature entirely.
Your implementation of 3D Touch is the best I've seen, and the only thing I would really miss! I'm probably going to get the next version of the XR this year, and would hate to lose the ability to type as I do now, I don't like the two finger tap method at all.

My final question is kinda from left field...
Are you by any chance considering taking FlickType across to Android?

-=-=-=