Re: a few bugs

Rocco Fiorentino

Hi!

Congrats on the new baby!! So sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I’ve also done some testing in the meantime and now have more info:

1. The strange behavior after new line: I’m not sure if this is new or not, but it’s been around for a while, just haven’t had a chance to report it or figure out when/where it came from. Note that I’ve been using half screen mode since it was introduced in Alpha, so maybe this is specific to just that? Not sure, but I can try in other modes and see if the behavior persists.

2. Kind of same as 1, more stuff about entering new lines, but you said that had already been reported. :)

3. The clear taps and/or adding periods is still happening accidentally for some reason. Again, seems to be something that probably started during half screen mode. While I’m on this subject, I’ll also add that I’ve had occasional times, I think when a new line is added, where I’ll type something like:
Ok, cool.
But when I go to change the period to a comma, Flicktype inserts multiple periods every time I swipe down, and doubles as it goes. haha so it will insert 1, then 2, then 4, then 8, etc. and when I go to delete the word I’ve just typed, it will say deleted 8 periods, etc.

4. It’s taken me a while to figure this one out, with different case entries in the dictionary, but it seems to be the second time that I’ve typed the word. So if I add "CSA" to the dictionary, and then type the word using Flicktype normally, it will type CSA. But symaltaniously, Flicktype seems to also enter this as a new entry in the dictionary, as "csa". So the next time I type "csa" into FlickType expecting it to come out as "CSA", it writes it as all lowercase "csa" because there’s now 2 entries of it in the dictionary. Not sure if all that makes sense, a lot to try and explain, but that’s the pattern I’ve noticed so far.

Thanks so much,

Rocco

On Oct 25, 2018, at 3:45 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Rocco,

Super appreciate the thoughtful feedback and nice words!

For 1, is this something that's new behavior or has it always been this way? Either way, I've added it to our bug list. Another user just reported 2 this week, so we have that on the list and will be addressing it asap. For 3, my assumption is the two taps are quick in succession and the system registers them as a left flick rather than two taps. Will check with Kosta to learn whether we can implement a workaround. For 4, if you manually type a word at the beginning of a sentence you will have the word in the dictionary lowercase because the system assumes the word was meant to be lowercase, but I am unable to reproduce what you're reporting with the double entry. Have you noticed whether this happens when you type the word at the beginning or the middle of the of the sentence? What keyboard size? Anything you can provide to help me reproduce is appreciated!

Thanks for also submitting these suggestions! For the text field, unfortunately, FlickType cannot identify which text field you're typing in. If so, it would be a great idea! Let's keep thinking of fixes for this specific problem because it can get annoying to have every web address or email address added to your dictionary. We've had a few people ask about the number pad, so we'll look into a way of implementing an option, will take some time though due to the complications with the symbols also being displayed currently with the numbers. The reason we originally changed it was because people felt like it was too different from what they were used to with iOS.

Will be excited to hear your thoughts on the watch once you get around to trying it out!

Thanks again for the very helpful feedback!
Ashley

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 02:32 PM, Rocco Fiorentino wrote:

This may very well be human error, but I find that at times when I’m typing
a word, Flicktype instead thinks I’m swiping left, and will say "clear taps"
in the middle of the word. Not necessarily a bug, just wondering why this
might be happening?