Firstly, may I apologise for being AWOL for the past several weeks, it's been a busy time and I fell a bit behind, though I have been using the keyboard constantly.
I use the keyboard exclusively in minimal size mode, and wanted to report some bugs I've been experiencing.
Some of these date back a while and have been reported before.
- Doesn't consistently read apostrophe in word suggestions.
- Inserts space between first and second letter if you manually type the first word of a new line in Mail.
- The fixes to spacing between emoji characters was not brought across to the minimal size keyboard.
- Deleting text with a left swipe often does not tell you the word being deleted, instead saying something like "bottom of document" or “beginning of document”.
- Still inserting a space if you type a word, swipe right to confirm it, then type a quotation mark.
- Very eratic typing behaviour when typing in some text fields on the web, including on applevis for example.
- FlickType keyboard will sometimes pop up in secure text fields and cannot be dismissed / changed. For example I've seen this when needing to type a pin code into my banking app, and the Apple Store app. I had to temporarily delete FlickType to get around it.
- Wrong character sometimes announced when manual typing.
I have not yet tried the Watch app, but will do so over the coming days.