Re: Version 3.1 with the yearly subscription is live

Chuck Dean

Here is the screenshot without the notice.

image1.png

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello kosta,
When I hit the upgrade tab, I only get a restore button. If I tap that button I get the message.
See the attached screen shot.

image1.png 

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. I think you might be using the "Restore" button at the top, rather than one of the two subscription options that are now separate buttons near the center of the screen.

Also, please be aware that I'm not sure what would happen if you do switch to the yearly subscription and then want to switch back to monthly again. New users will get the 7-day trial, but I think Apple might not give you a new trial simply for switching subscription periods. That said, I do expect that the dialog popping up before you confirm the switch would let you know about this.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 4:56 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
I was able to update, but I can not change to a yearly subscription in the FlickType app.
It says I am already subscribed. Thank you for your support.

I really do not want to do a yearly subscription, but thought I would see if it is working. Chuck

On Sep 22, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Macster via Groups.Io <alan.macdonald1@...> wrote:

Hi George. I did the same, searched for FlickType in the app store and it said open beside it for me too in the search results page, but if you double tap on flicktype and go into it then the update button for the yearly subscription version is there. 

Slainte, 

Macky 

On 23 Sep 2018, at 00:25, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi costa,
Tried downloading the new version from the appstore.
I searched for flicktype, and I got an open option.
Will wait a few days before trying again.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 8:48 am
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Version 3.1 with the yearly subscription is live

Hi all,

The new version that offers the yearly subscription option is now live on the App Store, and its build number is 174. This time we are doing a phased rollout, which means that most people won't automatically get the update for another few days, but if you know about it you can force a manual update from the App Store app. The reason we are doing this is because there are certain aspects of the purchasing flow that cannot be tested through TestFlight, and we want to make sure that at least nothing major is broken in that flow before we release it to everyone. Therefore we kindly ask that anyone who has been interested in the yearly subscription option, please download 3.1 from the App Store and subscribe to it. If you happen to already have a monthly subscription, it should seamlessly switch you to a yearly one, prorating the current monthly period. If you don't have a subscription at all, we would be doubly thankful for both testing the new purchasing flow as well as your additional support ☺️

Warmly,
Kosta

Join alpha@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.