Re: Build 164

Michael Maslo

Hello daft:

That was the ticket. That fixed the issue. Thanks for your help. 

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

On Sep 2, 2018, at 17:43, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

I think you need to set it to no typing feedback at all in order to get the correct behaviour unfortunately.
At least that's my experience.

Dave

On 2 Sep 2018, at 23:16, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

I am typing with mine on characters. Still does the repeats of the last word instead of the punctuation.  

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

On Sep 2, 2018, at 14:13, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I've just changed my typing feedback settings under VoiceOver. Typing feedback is now set to none. Now when I swipe right, VoiceOver will now say. Instead of the last word.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Monday, September 3, 2018 5:07 am
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 164

Thank you Michael. Can you please confirm you are checking the setting for software keyboards, and not hardware keyboards? Also have you tried restarting your device? And what iOS are you using?

On Sep 2, 2018, at 11:09, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta?

I have my settings on character and at the end of a sentence it says the last word and not the period I used. 

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

On Sep 2, 2018, at 12:43, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

btw,
I was out to dinner last night with some sighted friends who asked me what I was up to these days.
I told them about FlickType and did a little demonstration.
They were amazed at how fast I could type.🌞

Chuck

On Sep 2, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta, yes, I had word selected, and once I turned it off, flicktype now says period.
I think I'll leave this set to nothing, as it seems that the minimal FlickType keyboard is the only keyboard I am using at the present time😎

This keyboard is getting very close to being ready for release.👍
Chuck 

On Sep 2, 2018, at 10:10 AM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

On the announcement of the last word instead of the period, please check your VoiceOver “Typing Feedback” setting for software keyboards. In my testing, if that is set to “Words” then I experience the issue. 

Please try playing with that setting and get a feel of all the different ways it affects FlickType. I don’t know the full effects myself, and as a first order of things I’ve tried to make the keyboard work best with that set to off, but I understand that not everyone will be willing to turn it off, so I would love to know what the most important issues are when that setting is anything other than off. 

I will have to get back to you on the other issues mentioned. 

Thanks,
Kosta

On Sep 2, 2018, at 02:31, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

H i Kosta,

I’m not seeing the issue that Chuck and George are describing. It says full stop as it should for me.

A couple of other small niggles though:
If I manually type the first word of a new line, it is putting a space between the first letter and the rest of the word, as with "Hi" at the start of this email. This only seems to be in the Mail app. 

Again if at the start of a new line in Mail, only the first word suggestion is capitalised. It being a new sentence, they should all be.

Dave

On 2 Sep 2018, at 06:08, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi costa,
No problems here with typing. After inserting a. VoiceOver says the last word.
Running iOS 11. 4,   .   On I phone 8.  

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2018 1:58 pm
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 164

Hello Kosta,
I notice FlickType is still repeating the last word of a sentence instead of saying " period "
I am already used to it, but I'm sure others will complain.

I am using an iPhone 8, running iOS 11.4.1

Chuck

> On Sep 1, 2018, at 7:51 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> What's new:
> - Fix for shift / casing issue. Thanks Benny!
>
> Previously:
> - Fix for VoiceOver announcing "End of document" when deleting or changing the last word of the document. The issue might still occur, but it should be much less common.
>
>
>

Join alpha@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.