Hi kosta,
I would like to see a row above which would have selection options like Fleksy had, such as the Colin of dot com, dot net, etc and a Colin of commonly used symbols, and a Colin of numbers one through twelve.

I used these back when I used Fleksy, when I remembered they were there.
Chuck

On Sep 1, 2018, at 2:32 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you George, we will fix this bug on the iPad.

Thank you Salman, I fully agree on giving people options. I also always try to find a way that would ideally not require an option, in order to have a simpler system that's easier for me to maintain, test, and further extend, given all the different permutations of settings that users might have at any point in time. If implementing something seems impossible or impractical to do without an option, then I usually add the option for users to choose - although even then I still need to come up with the default setting for it, which can be a tough challenge and is what the vast majority of users will end up using. Most of the time there's no easy way to know which default setting is best, other than feedback from a lot of users.

I also want to add a couple of points regarding the new 1-finger read back gesture:
- Besides having no effect on the performance of any other gesture, it's important to explicitly note that is also has no effect on tap-typing positioning, placement, accuracy, or any other aspect of how you tap-type with the keyboard.
- If the reduction of the top row height when touch-typing is still a meaningful issue, a happy medium would be reducing it by a smaller amount. For example, the top row could be reduced to still be twice the height of a regular row, and above that you'd hear your text. I do believe that during touch-typing, there's a certain height beyond which there's no additional benefit of extending the top row.

I would love to hear people's thoughts on not just this new gesture, but also the general idea of putting some additional functions sitting above the keyboard when touch-typing only.