Re: Single word spell

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
At first, I thought that the single word spell feature would be a great idea. It would be useful if FlickType continues to be a self-contained app; however, FlickType is being developed as a system-wide keyboard. So, if we are not sure about hearing a word correctly, we will be able to return to the text area where VoiceOver commands may be used to review what has been written. Still, if developing a gesture or method for hearing the spelling of one word is feasible and doesn't conflict with anything else, the feature would be useful. On the other hand, for me, a gesture that could read back the last few words or a phrase I typed would be extremely helpful. I think that each of us wants a little something different from FlickType. Right now, FlickType is a wonderful app that will only keep getting better. I am glad that it is in the App store available for many to enjoy and utilize.
Chanelle

On Apr 25, 2018, at 13:35, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@icloud.com> wrote:

Hello All,

I agree with this idea. I have found that sometimes when typing with FlickType and I pause just long enough the spell feature takes over and it is spelling words when I am typing. This is very distracting. Maybe a two finger double tap on the keyboard could invoke the single word spell option. This is a very common gesture for VO users, and it would be a great place to use it.

Ed

On Apr 25, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Benny Barber <rebelben@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Kosta and Ashley,

This may be a silly and unfeasible idea. I am not fond of having the spell words feature on, but sometimes it is difficult to know if you have entered the correct word. This is because some words can sound very similar. Would it be possible to have a gesture to spell just the one word that you just entered? Just a thought. Thanks.

Benny