Re: Build 159

Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...>

Hey David and Kosta?

I too now am seeing the manual entry bug. Just like David said before. Manually enter a word swipe right and flicktype inserts a. period.

Other then this issue it's fantastic!

On Aug 31, 2018, at 4:56 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Although actually, that experience is slightly different inMessages and WhatsApp. In those, the only way I can efficiently do it is to tap and hold inside flicktype, then slide up.

Another issue I've just noticed. If I type a word manually, when I swipe right, instead of confirming the word I typed, it enters a full stop.
This is the case no matter what typing feedback setting I have chosen in VoiceOver settings.

Aside from these little niggles, this is now very close to being ready for prime time in my opinion. I'm no longer switching back to the iOS keyboard in apps likeMail as often as I used to☺️

Dave

On 31 Aug 2018, at 23:39, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta.

Just thinking, the sooner we can have a gesture to toggle the different keyboard heights the better. Even if its  not the one you settle on long term.
It would help for us testing to be able to easily switch.

The tap to read back is confusing me a bit. If I tap fairly high up the screen, well inside the app area, it does appear to read everything I've typed.
However, if I tap on the keyboard and then slide up as you suggest is possible, it only reads the last sentence.

I do like the idea though. As you know, I'm generally a fan of one finger gestures.

Dave

On 31 Aug 2018, at 23:27, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi costa,
VoiceOver is now announcing a. After a flick right.
The hold at the top of the half or full screen keyboard works ok, in the demo version. but it takes a bit of practice to get the finger in the right spot.
As I type this reply, I'm trying to  read back what I have written.
However, every time I tap and hold above the top of the keyboard, I hit the
Y.