Re: Build 159

Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...>

Hey David and Kosta?

I too now am seeing the manual entry bug. Just like David said before. Manually enter a word swipe right and flicktype inserts a. period.

Other then this issue it's fantastic!

Thanks,

Ed 

On Aug 31, 2018, at 4:56 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Although actually, that experience is slightly different inMessages and WhatsApp. In those, the only way I can efficiently do it is to tap and hold inside flicktype, then slide up.

Another issue I've just noticed. If I type a word manually, when I swipe right, instead of confirming the word I typed, it enters a full stop.
This is the case no matter what typing feedback setting I have chosen in VoiceOver settings.

Aside from these little niggles, this is now very close to being ready for prime time in my opinion. I'm no longer switching back to the iOS keyboard in apps likeMail as often as I used to☺️

Dave

On 31 Aug 2018, at 23:39, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta.

Just thinking, the sooner we can have a gesture to toggle the different keyboard heights the better. Even if its  not the one you settle on long term.
It would help for us testing to be able to easily switch.

The tap to read back is confusing me a bit. If I tap fairly high up the screen, well inside the app area, it does appear to read everything I've typed.
However, if I tap on the keyboard and then slide up as you suggest is possible, it only reads the last sentence.

I do like the idea though. As you know, I'm generally a fan of one finger gestures.

Dave

On 31 Aug 2018, at 23:27, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi costa,
VoiceOver is now announcing a. After a flick right.
The hold at the top of the half or full screen keyboard works ok, in the demo version. but it takes a bit of practice to get the finger in the right spot.
As I type this reply, I'm trying to  read back what I have written.
However, every time I tap and hold above the top of the keyboard, I hit the
Y.  

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2018 8:17:34 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 159

Build 161 is out, keeping this in the same thread.

What’s new:
- Fixed incorrect "space" announcement when inserting a period in half screen mode.
- Full screen mode: Added a new one-finger long press gesture above the keyboard area to read back what you've typed. You can also start your long press on the keyboard and then move your finger above the top QWERTY row. This gesture is in addition to the two and three finger long press gestures that can be performed anywhere. Please let us know what you think, so that we consolidate and only keep the best gesture for this action.
- Don't spell word when announcing cursor position.
- Renamed "Standard" keyboard height option to "Minimal".

Thank you for reporting a potential difference with smaller sized devices, we will investigate this. In the meantime, please try both half screen as well as minimal modes and let us know if one is better than the other for you. And thank you all for the continued feedback and discussion, please keep it coming! ☺️

Kosta

Join alpha@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.