Re: Build 156

Michael Maslo

Hello Kosta and chuck.

Yes I have turned off the phone and restarted the phone. Let me preface by saying that I am using ios 12. Secondly, no this is a ongoing issue with focus being lost. This is the third attempt to write this email. I have a iphone x and to reproduce the issue is hard. I do not know when or if it will happen. This is what it does. I could be typing a email or text. I type a word and then when I type the wrong word and flick down the keyboard goes away. In a text message it is not that big of a problem. However in a email the keyboard goes away and the cursor when I try to bring the keyboard back up is in a different location. I usually cancel the email and start over again. This happens for me no matter if I use the full or half keyboard. This issue has been going on for a very long time. I have posted several times about this issue.

I hope what I am saying makes sense. If not please let me know.

On Aug 25, 2018, at 12:14, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
What I was disagreeing with is your statement that you lose focus in a full screen mode.
I noticed no difference in the full screen mode now than before the half screen mode was introduced.
In full screen mode I don’t think I ever have the cursor move unexpectedly.
Chuck

On Aug 25, 2018, at 10:07 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hello chuck:

I am confused. What are you disagreeing with? It is good that your not having the issues which are being brought up. I lose focus sometimes when I am flicking down to select a different word. It is not consistent witch makes it hard for me to say a exact time it happens. Sometimes it happens a few times in a text or sometimes it does not happen at all. For example this email it did not happen at all.
On Aug 25, 2018, at 11:11, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I disagree, I have only lost focus in the half screen mode. When I am using the full screen mode, Fliktype works as well as it always did.
Chuck

On Aug 25, 2018, at 7:31 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

I have had the same problem. When typing text I also lose focus no matter if it is full screen or half screen.
On Aug 25, 2018, at 09:23, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

I second everything mentioned here in Dave's email.

On Aug 25, 2018, at 5:35 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

I unfortunately still cannot use the half screen mode. I tried to type an email, and half way through my first sentence, the cursor just jumped to another location in the text.

Another issue I would like to raise again is around touch typing.
Often I navigate to a letter, lift my finger to type it and at the last second, VoiceOver calls out the letter beside the one I've typed. If I delete, I find that it did in fact type the letter I wanted. So the accuracy is actually good, but VoiceOver feedback is misleading me. It's rather jarring.
I know I raised this before, but I don't think I heard anything back about it.

Also, has anyone else felt that typing accuracy has taken a step backwards recently, or is it just me making more mistakes?
I do really hope you can expand the dictionary too.

Many thanks,
Dave
On 25 Aug 2018, at 04:14, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please restart your device after updating FlickType, and send all your feedback to alpha@flicktype.groups.io. Thank you!

What's new:
- Half screen setting won't show when the app is downloaded from the App Store instead of TestFlight, until the feature is more stable. We are still working on it.
- Added "Tap feedback" setting for more responsive taps on touch down. See setting notes for more information.
- Added "Raise to Read Back" setting, off by default. See setting notes for more information.

Known issues with the half screen mode:
- If you move the app cursor inside a word, FlickType will crash. Only move the cursor by whole words to prevents this.
- When deleting the very last word of the document, iOS will announce "Bottom of document", suppressing the FlickType deletion announcement. A workaround is to always have a word or punctuation mark after your cursor while you compose your text. The same sometimes happens when changing a word.
- Other occasional crashes, particularly on iOS 12 betas.

Please let us know your experience with the half screen mode, as well as what iOS typing feedback settings worked best for you.

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley