Re: Build 156

Michael Maslo

I have had the same problem. When typing text I also lose focus no matter if it is full screen or half screen.

On Aug 25, 2018, at 09:23, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

I second everything mentioned here in Dave's email.

On Aug 25, 2018, at 5:35 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

I unfortunately still cannot use the half screen mode. I tried to type an email, and half way through my first sentence, the cursor just jumped to another location in the text.

Another issue I would like to raise again is around touch typing.
Often I navigate to a letter, lift my finger to type it and at the last second, VoiceOver calls out the letter beside the one I've typed. If I delete, I find that it did in fact type the letter I wanted. So the accuracy is actually good, but VoiceOver feedback is misleading me. It's rather jarring.
I know I raised this before, but I don't think I heard anything back about it.

Also, has anyone else felt that typing accuracy has taken a step backwards recently, or is it just me making more mistakes?
I do really hope you can expand the dictionary too.

Many thanks,
Dave
On 25 Aug 2018, at 04:14, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please restart your device after updating FlickType, and send all your feedback to alpha@flicktype.groups.io. Thank you!

What's new:
- Half screen setting won't show when the app is downloaded from the App Store instead of TestFlight, until the feature is more stable. We are still working on it.
- Added "Tap feedback" setting for more responsive taps on touch down. See setting notes for more information.
- Added "Raise to Read Back" setting, off by default. See setting notes for more information.

Known issues with the half screen mode:
- If you move the app cursor inside a word, FlickType will crash. Only move the cursor by whole words to prevents this.
- When deleting the very last word of the document, iOS will announce "Bottom of document", suppressing the FlickType deletion announcement. A workaround is to always have a word or punctuation mark after your cursor while you compose your text. The same sometimes happens when changing a word.
- Other occasional crashes, particularly on iOS 12 betas.

Please let us know your experience with the half screen mode, as well as what iOS typing feedback settings worked best for you.

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley