Hi Kosta and Ashley,

Thanks for continuing to work on this.
I am seeing some odd behaviors though, which has straight away made me have to give up on using the half screen mode.

The cursor position is jumping all over the place. Half way through a sentence it'll just move to another place in the document, which of course I only discover when I finish typing and go to review what I've written.

When flicking right twice, I was not consistently getting the punctuation, with VoiceOver instead sometimes saying "space".

Keyboard sometimes randomly dismissing itself.

Also for the record, though not as important obviously, is that my preference would be for the "half screen" to be the size of the regular iOS keyboard, rather than literally half the screen.

Dave

On 18 Aug 2018, at 23:33, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello ,

I have the flicktype height set to half screen and I can not interact with the upper half of the screen. It keeps crashing in all text fields. Voiceover acts like FlickType is in full screen mode.

This email was finished with the default iOS keyboard.

Ed
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2018, at 4:17 PM, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

We've been working hard to bring you the much desired half-screen mode. In this very experimental build, we have added a new "Keyboard Height" setting with the following options:
- "Full screen", which is the default mode FlickType has always operated in.
- "Almost full screen", which is 80% of the height and intended solely as a WhatsApp workaround (previously called "Reduced height").
- "Half screen", which is exactly half the height of the screen.

The new "Half screen" option will also cause all text edits to be directly committed to the underlying text field in real-time. This also means that some voice announcements and sound effects from iOS itself will interfere with the intended FlickType feedback. You will also have to play around with the iOS typing feedback settings and see what works best for you. We'd love to hear back your findings.

Known issues with the half screen mode:
- If you move the app cursor inside a word, FlickType will crash. Only move the cursor by whole words to prevents this.
- When deleting the very last word of the document, iOS will announce "Bottom of document", suppressing the FlickType deletion announcement. A workaround is to always have a word or punctuation mark after your cursor while you compose your text. The same sometimes happens when changing a word.
- Other occasional crashes.

Please let us know your experience with this, and any information you share about what worked for you and what didn't will be extremely valuable moving forward.

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

PS: We'd love some feedback on our new homepage if you have a minute: https://www.flicktype.com