Re: Learning more about you #poll

David Nason

Update to my wishlist, as some have now been done, and I'm adding some new stuff 😀

Larger dictionary. All too often I tap out relatively common words but find they are not in the dictionary, or not offered to me, so have to type it out manually.
More variations / derivitives of words. For example the plural of many common nouns are not in the dictionary. And different tenses of verbs. For example, I try to type "subscribed". FlickType offers me "subscriber" as the first option, showing that I got the pattern right, but neither "subscribed" or "subscribes" appear in the suggestions list at all.
Learn what I type. For example, I type my name, "Dave" regularly, signing emails etc. However it almost never offers me "Dave" as the first suggestion, usually offering "face" first, with "Dave" appearing somewhere in the list requiring me to swipe down. No matter how many times I have made this change, it still never offers me "Dave" first.
Accuracy of manual typing. While you somewhat addressed this in a recent build, VoiceOver now sometimes tells me it has typed the letter beside the one I wanted, but in fact the correct letter has been typed.
Support for text expansion shortcuts. Preferably accessing the ones I've already created in iOS settings.
Option to switch off the hints. Once I know how to use the keyboard, himts become irritating.
When using manual typing, VoiceOver seems to have become very high pitched as I explore the keyboard. I don't like this at all.
Recognise new lines. Currently, if I go to a new line, then swipe left to delete, instead of just deleting the new line entry, it deletes the last word or character I typed on the above line.
Standard size keyboard, but only if I can interact normally with the app above the keyboard.

To answer your original question, I am either legally blind or low vision. I don't think we use the term legally blind over here, so I don't really know what it means versus low vision.
But basically I can see the screen to a point, where icons are, read the large text visual announcements in flicktype for example, but I am absolutely VoiceOver dependent in using my iPhone.

Dave

On 24 Jul 2018, at 12:24, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Wish list:

1. Half screen where all edit fields are easily accessed
2. Text short cuts
3. I would still like an option to be able to check the spelling of 1
specific word at a time. Having spelling on sometimes gets in the way if
you hesitate in your typing. I think Kosta mentioned a possible 2 finger
swipe to the left past a word to spell check and then a 2 finger back to the
right that would initiate the spelling of that word. In this case you would
not have to have spelling on all the time.
4. I too would like to have tap sounds on touch down rather that touch up.

Thanks.

Benny