Re: Whatsapp crashing. Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 131

Salman Haider

Hi Kosta,
You are correct. The crash happens when I double tap in the text field
to bring up the keyboard.
I have noticed something else, which I'll describe under the crash
reports thread.
Salman

On 7/12/18, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:
Thank you George. Just so everyone's aware, I've send build 138 only to
Salman and David to assist with the WhatsApp crash. If anyone else has
experienced the WhatsApp crash, let me know and I can send you a special
investigative version as well.

As I understand it, the crash happens only sometimes, and seems to be
happening right as soon as you double tap to edit a conversation textfield.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's also been mentioned that the crash may be more likely in some threads
but not others, although I don't know how confident we can be there's a
pattern there, because I simply don't know how many times the crash has
occurred in comparison which how many times it didn't and things just
worked as expected. If anyone can reliably reproduce it with a particular
thread, and reliably NOT reproduce it with another thread, say 6 times in a
row, then that could indicate a pattern with the threads.

Finally, FlickType does not seem to be the one crashing here, so it's more
difficult than usual to figure out what's going on. In case it helps anyone
to figure a pattern, the WhatsApp crash log indicates that at the time of
the crash, WhatsApp was repeatedly trying to change the contents or layout
of its view. I'm just sharing this because it's all I got, smile.