Re: Whatsapp crashing. Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 131

Thank you George. Just so everyone's aware, I've send build 138 only to Salman and David to assist with the WhatsApp crash. If anyone else has experienced the WhatsApp crash, let me know and I can send you a special investigative version as well.

As I understand it, the crash happens only sometimes, and seems to be happening right as soon as you double tap to edit a conversation textfield. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's also been mentioned that the crash may be more likely in some threads but not others, although I don't know how confident we can be there's a pattern there, because I simply don't know how many times the crash has occurred in comparison which how many times it didn't and things just worked as expected. If anyone can reliably reproduce it with a particular thread, and reliably NOT reproduce it with another thread, say 6 times in a row, then that could indicate a pattern with the threads.

Finally, FlickType does not seem to be the one crashing here, so it's more difficult than usual to figure out what's going on. In case it helps anyone to figure a pattern, the WhatsApp crash log indicates that at the time of the crash, WhatsApp was repeatedly trying to change the contents or layout of its view. I'm just sharing this because it's all I got, smile.