Re: Whatsapp crashing. Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 131

David Nason

I've reported the issue to WhatsApp as well, they say they are looking at the log files and will investigate, but it seems it is not currently a known issue to them.
Can you also report it to them Salman?

It probably will affect other message threads I'm afraid. However it may also stop affecting the one that is currently crashing.

Dave

On 12 Jul 2018, at 23:16, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

And agreed. Could very well be an issue with Whatsapp and third party keyboards and nothing to do with Flicktype. So far though, thankfully it hasn't happened on any other thread. Hope it stays that way. Fingers crossed.

On Jul 12, 2018, at 6:07 PM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

So far it’s only happening on one thread for me, but it may change. I hope not, otherwise, I will pretty much have to revert to the Flicktype classic app since WhatsApp is probably the app that I use most often with Flicktype. That, and FB Messenger. Very strange behavior. And quite frustrating

On Jul 12, 2018, at 5:49 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Salman and Kosta,

This issue has continued to occur to me too in recent days.
Sometimes it will crash once and then be ok, but other times a specific message thread will just continue to crash no matter how many times I try it.
It's not always the same message thread either, it's currently affecting a different one to the one being affected most often when I first reported it.

Of course it could be the case that WhatsApp has a bug with third party keyboards, as opposed to an issue with FlickType. Might be worth contacting them too.

Dave
On 12 Jul 2018, at 22:29, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Salman, could you please send us a couple of the latest crash reports for WhatsApp that may be on your device? You can find those under iOS Settings, Privacy, Analytics, Analytics Data.