Whatsapp crashing. Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 131

Salman Haider

Hi Kosta,
I have begun encountering the exact same issue, just out of the blue. It is exactly how Dave describes it here, word for word. Everything is exactly the same.
The only difference is, I am on iOS 11.4.1.
Also, I am on version 137 of Flicktype. However, like dave says, the issue isn't version specific. Its happening while FlickType itself is installed. When I uninstall it, the issue disappears.

Dave, were you able to find a way to get around this issue? I have tried everything that you have stated here, apart from deleting the thread itself. Which is definitely not something I can afford to do here.
Any help would be appreciated.

Salman

On Jul 4, 2018, at 12:05 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta,

This build is crashing WhatsApp for me.
Its a strange one though. When I open particular message threads, and double tap on the text field in order to type, the app crashes. Other message threads will be just fine.

Its definitely FlickType causing the issue because when I delete it, the crashes stop, and when I install it again, the crashes occur again.

In fact previous builds seem to be doing it too.
I am running iOS 12 beta, which yesterday updated to beta 3, so perhaps that’s related.

Dave
On 4 Jul 2018, at 07:46, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Internal changes