Hey chuck,

 As soon as you move to the application part of the window or change focus it could place the text. All though I would be happy with a half screen option that would function just like the current builds. This would allow me to check messages sent from friends and family as they come in. It would not have to place the text until it's dismissed. That would be ok with me.

 Ed

On Jul 7, 2018, at 4:59 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,
 I too would. like a smaller version of FlickType that could use tap typing.
But as I understand it, this is not possible with the current configuration.
Here is how Kosta explained it:

FlickType does not immediately send keyboard events to the textfield, in order to prevent problematic VoiceOver feedback which includes delay, stutter, and perhaps most importantly a lot of erroneous feedback such as "End of document" which would happen with almost every word typed or changed. Instead, FlickType will hold on to all the new text you have typed, and only commit the changes upon dismissal or switching to the next keyboard. But with the half-screen mode, FlickType will also commit all changes as soon as the VoiceOver cursor moves away from FlickType.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell@...> wrote:
Hello all,

 I too like chuck use Fleksy and flicktype. I and really wanting to have a smaller version of flicktype. That's why I suggest a mode option...
 This could be implemented in the setting portion of the app. It would allow you to select which mode you would like FlickType presented in when you start editing a text feild. When someone installs and runs the keyboard for the first time the keyboard will be in full screen mode. In settings you could have the option to have flicktype present itself in standard mode, this would be the same size as the default ios keyboard... You could leave the flick gesture to increase or decrease the size of the keyboard.

 For example here's how I would run the keyboard with this option.
 I would make the keyboard side standard. This would be great for answering text messages, searching the app store. Basicly for little everyday things that don't take up much time. This would be the default method of text entry for me.

 Now lets say I need to peck out a lengthy email such as this one. I would perform the three finger flick up and have the full screen keyboard at my finger tips. The full screen keyboard would allow me to more comfortably bake a longer string of text without the need to be as precise.

 This would be the dream keyboard for me in my everyday use.

 Ed