Apologies, I never replied back to you on this. Strangely, the issue seems to have stopped. Fingers crossed I don't see it again.
 I don't like deleting my messages if I can help it, so hopefully won't have to try that.

 Dave

On 4 Jul 2018, at 19:44, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you David, I received the WhatsApp crash you sent, but I can't do much with it since it does not include any information about FlickType. The way iOS is structured, keyboards should not be able to crash or interfere with any other app, beyond text editing operations. That said, there could be some iOS bug that in combination with some aspect of FlickType results in this behavior - it wouldn't be the first time iOS misbehaved, smile.

Is there anything you can do on that thread, like clear messages older than a month, for example?

Michael, would be great to know what beta of iOS 12 you are running.