Re: Build 132 half screen keyboard.

Chanelle Allen

Restarting did the trick!😀👍 this is very exciting. Maybe the FlickType keyboard could occupy a little less space, but otherwise everything else is great! I had restarted immediately after updating, so perhaps other people need to know that two restarts might be necessary. My second restart was actually a reset where I held down the power and volume down buttons. I will keep testing.

Chanelle

On Jul 5, 2018, at 17:16, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
Try restarting your iPhone. It seems to cure those problems on my phone.
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...> wrote:

I am also finding that dismissing or switching to the next keyboard is more useful than taking advantage of the half-screen keyboard. Getting text entered into a field happens most of the time when dismissing the keyboard. When attempting to navigate and enter text by placing a finger above the keyboard, text is either not entered or sections get deleted. Maybe I should reinstall FlickType as Chuck did.
Chanelle

On Jul 5, 2018, at 15:20, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I use the classic app because I am confident it will work perfectly, not so sure with 132.
No matter what I tried, the only way I could get text into a field was either changing or dismissing the keyboard. As I understand it, I should be able to tap above the FlickType keyboard and the text should be entered. Correct?

I'll go back and try again.
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 3:13 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say you cannot get text into a field unless you change or dismiss the keyboard. Has anyone else experienced that?

Regarding text replacements, these can actually be used once I implement them, and are unrelated to how FlickType interacts with the text fields. So that’s good news, smile.

Curious, what’s the main reason you used the classic app to type this?

On Jul 5, 2018, at 14:26, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Build 132 half screen keyboard.
Hello Kosta,
First, I like the half screen keyboard because I can interact with all the fields while sending an email.
I understand this is experimental, but I can not get text into a field unless I change or dismiss the keyboard,. The ability to interact with all text fields without having change the keyboard is paramount to its success.
But you already know that.

The size of the keyboard is fine, smaller may be better.
Typing is just as good as the other keyboards, no lag or stutter.

Its unfortunate that FlickType can't enter the text directly into a text field, this would also allow text replacements to be used.

I was wondering if turning off all typing echo and feedback would stop the stuttering, but a quick test with fleksy told me no.

Obviously, the half screen keyboard is much more complicated than any of us expected. But this shows great promise.

BTW this was typed on FlickType Classic... Old reliable! 😎