Re: Build 42
Hi List,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I did some quick typing on this build and could find no issues. I do have one minor thing I noticed with build 41 that continues with build 42. Say you're manually entering a word like mp3 which ends in a number. After swiping right to get the word announced, attempting to flick up to get it added to the dictionary doesn't work. Instead, what happens is that the 3 is changed to a 4 and what was mp3 becomes mp4. This result is identical whether the 3 is entered with the separate number screen or with the topline popup number item. I'm sure this is something of which Kosta and Ashley are aware and it's very minor because how many words end in a number. Anyway, I just wanted to put it on the record.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2018 1:59 AM
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 42
Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!
In this release:
- Flick up and hold anywhere to invoke the menu. This replaces the tap & hold gesture above the keyboard. Please let us know if this new gesture works well for you, or if you encounter any issues.
- Fixed iPhone X issue where the home and app switcher gestures were being suppressed and had to be performed twice to work.
- Fixed occasional lost feedback on tap & hold mode. Please confirm if the issue is now resolved.
- Added haptic feedback when invoking the menu.
- Lots of under-the-hood changes relating to touch and flick gesture recognition. Please let us know if you encounter any issues, and if they are new with this release. If you need to compare and confirm, you can always revert to a previous build from TestFlight.
Thank you for testing FlickType!
Kosta & Ashley