Re: Build 95

Chuck Dean

Hi Kosta, 
 Yes, .99 is a perfect price. 
 As I was saying last week, the app store, with all its one dollar apps has people's expectations really low. 
 I now pay a fee dollars for apps that I had to pay hundreds or thousands for about a decade ago. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 19, 2018, at 9:34 AM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Macky. 

Chuck, the price should be mentioned in the upgrade tab. It will be one dollar a month. We think this is a reasonable amount, but would love to hear your thoughts. 

Kosta 

On Jun 19, 2018, at 09:13, Macster <alan.macdonald1@...> wrote:

Hi all. 

I'm happy to say this build works fine and I've had no issues at all so far. 

Regarding the app when it it goes live on the app store, its also my intention to purchase /subscribe too, whilst remaining on the test team too. 

Macky 

On 19 Jun 2018, at 17:00, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback. 

It seems that the act of updating a keyboard can sometimes make iOS behave unexpectedly and not always show the keyboard when it should. Perhaps rebooting any time you update or revert to a different build is a good habit to have. 

To support us while still testing, all you would have to do is download the app from the App Store at any time after we launch, and simply upgrade it. Then you can be using TestFlight builds while supporting us at the same time, smile.

Thank you!

Kosta  

On Jun 19, 2018, at 07:19, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello, 
 I agree with Dave. I am also available to continue as a tester, but I would also like to be able to support the app. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 19, 2018, at 3:01 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

So far so good for me with the keyboard itself. 
Though the bug I reported previously after changing a capital letter to a lower case letter still persists. 
 Re the upgrade side of it, when I select the upgrade button in the app, it does now tell me that I am already subscribed. Of course though that does mean I cannot test the process for carrying out the upgrade. 

If you continue to want / need us testing after the app store release, I will be more than happy to continue doing so. 
 I will be more than happy to pay though, so if doing this, you might consider including a tip jar or something. 

Dave 

On 19 Jun 2018, at 10:05, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Well, I hope I explained it ok. As I type, everything is going ok. Sometimes it will move to start a new sentence with a capital letter while I'm in the middle of typing.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:59:49 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 95

Hi George,

I assume you meant to type "And it's now" instead of "And it's not"?

On your question about what happens after we launch on the App Store:
as long as you are running a build that was downloaded from
TestFlight, you will be fully upgraded automatically at no cost. The
upgrade does not apply if the app is downloaded from the App Store. To
maintain the free upgrade you will therefore need to be on a
TestFlight build. I remind you that App Store builds are no different
than TestFlight builds, and any build that was released to the App
Store will also be available on TestFlight for some time, to make sure
there's always a stable build you can revert to if needed.

- Kosta

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:45 AM George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
>
> Hi costa and Ashley. The  Full features of the paid version are  working. As I type, FlickType Will disappear while typing. And its not allowing me to complete a word, or sentence. Just a question on the in app purchase. When the full    screen keyboard is launched in  the App Store, and I download it will beta testers be      charged?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> George Cham
>
> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
> Numbers 6:24-26
> Get Outlook for iOS
> ________________________________
> From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:32:42 PM
> To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
> Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 95
>
> - Set the actual launch price for the paid feature. We got you all worried there for a second, smile. Thank you for all your feedback on the pricing.
> - TestFlight users are now automatically upgraded to always have the full custom keyboard functionality.
> - Speculative fix for the crash that causes lost text. If the issue persists, please let us know what you were attempting to do at the precise moment the crash occurred, as well as the time that it occurred. Also a set of steps which reliably reproduce the issue would be incredibly helpful, as we have been unable to reproduce the issue so far.
>
> Thank you for testing!
>
> Warmly,
> Kosta & Ashley
>
>
>
>

Join alpha@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.