Re: Subscription based apps

Michael Maslo

Hello chuck, 

Yes I agree with you. 1.99 is a reasonable price. I agree with you that the developers need compensation. It should be a price which is within a price range for the consumers being served. I do not want to drive the mind community to be left out because of a price. I want to see the custom keyboard developed and maintained. 

Lets hope there is some tie of compromise. 

Sincerely,, mike 

On Jun 16, 2018 at 17:15, <Chuck Dean> wrote:

Hello Michael,

I totally agree that Kosta and Ashley should be compensated for their fine work. My concern is the two dollar and ninety nine cent subscription price may drive away some who are on limited income. I would think a dollar ninety nine cent price per month is more palatable, end also sounds like the subscription is only a dollar a month. An old marketer's ploy.
I imagine Kosta and Ashley has done some type of study to see what the demographic will go for.
Unfortunately, the App Store and its millions of ninety nine cent apps has turned many into cheapskates, expecting everything to cost a buck, instead of realizing that the limited market for this type of app will cause a higher price point.
My suggestion that the price may be a little high is intended to get the most cash for Kosta and Ashley, not vice versa.
Chuck

> On Jun 16, 2018, at 1:55 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:
>
> Hi chuck,
>
> As you I have no money concerns. However for those who are unable to pay for the monthly subscription, there is still the classic version available to them. The developers have put a lot of time and energy into this project and deserve to get something back from the hard work and time they have already put into it. The reason for Fleksy going away was because of costs for developing. Why should they not be compensated for their work? We are talking about three dollars a month not ten dollars. My opinion and my frustration with our community.
>> On Jun 16, 2018, at 14:50, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>> I have had subscription based apps in the past, none at the present time, so I am ok with the idea.
>> Obviously, a subscription will generates more revenue than a one time purchase, so I understand why it is prefered by Kosta and Ashley. And I think they deserve the money. I do wonder if the $3 a month charge may scare off some people, remembering the visually impaired community has about an 80% unemployment rate.
>>
>> Personally, I have no money worries, and I will subscribe to the App to support the App, if for no other reason. But being a huge fan of FlickType classic, I wonder if others may be satisfied with the classic App.
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

Join alpha@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.