Re: Subscription based apps

Michael Maslo

Hi chuck,

As you I have no money concerns. However for those who are unable to pay for the monthly subscription, there is still the classic version available to them. The developers have put a lot of time and energy into this project and deserve to get something back from the hard work and time they have already put into it. The reason for Fleksy going away was because of costs for developing. Why should they not be compensated for their work? We are talking about three dollars a month not ten dollars. My opinion and my frustration with our community.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 14:50, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I have had subscription based apps in the past, none at the present time, so I am ok with the idea.
Obviously, a subscription will generates more revenue than a one time purchase, so I understand why it is prefered by Kosta and Ashley. And I think they deserve the money. I do wonder if the $3 a month charge may scare off some people, remembering the visually impaired community has about an 80% unemployment rate.

Personally, I have no money worries, and I will subscribe to the App to support the App, if for no other reason. But being a huge fan of FlickType classic, I wonder if others may be satisfied with the classic App.