Re: Subscription based apps

Ed Worrell

Hello A All,

I have also seen in a few apps that I use a one time purchase to unlock the full features of the app. Then they also have a tip jar, so people that want to help by contributing more to the app they can when ever they would like. I have seen this done a few different ways.

1. A tip that last 30 days and shows back up after the set time frame.

2. A persistent tip button. With a few different amounts.

3. Three year, Yearly or monthly subscriptions..

On Jun 16, 2018, at 2:42 PM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

I would prefer a one time charge as I stated in another email.
I understand a subscription based model, a monthly fee, may be the
preferred way to go for developers as it generates continuous income,
but I personally would not subscribe to it.
I would simply just stick to the free FlickType Classic app in that
case and just make do without the custom keyboard availability.

Salman

On 6/16/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I have had subscription based apps in the past, none at the present time,
so I am ok with the idea.
Obviously, a subscription will generates more revenue than a one time
purchase, so I understand why it is prefered by Kosta and Ashley. And I
think they deserve the money. I do wonder if the $3 a month charge may scare
off some people, remembering the visually impaired community has about an
80% unemployment rate.

Personally, I have no money worries, and I will subscribe to the App to
support the App, if for no other reason. But being a huge fan of FlickType
classic, I wonder if others may be satisfied with the classic App.