Re: Subscription based apps

Michael Maslo

My worry about a one time charge is how does the developer continue with upgrades and continued work. If we want a reliable and revolving enhancements, we have to be willing to support them. Either a monthly or yearly upgrade policy should be adopted. For those who do not want or cannot afford it, the flick type is available for those individuals. That is my personal opinion. I would support monthly subscription.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 15:04, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi chuck and all, the cost of the monthly subscription will depend on the country that the user is in. I have 2 subscriptions from apple. I cloud, and I tunes match . Both are yearly subscriptions. My I cloud is a legacy plan. When apple introduced I cloud, they were offering yearly plans. I'm happy with this, even tho the monthly storage plans are great value here in Australia, I don't like apple taking money out of my card or store credit.

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 5:50:07 AM
To: Alpha

Hello everyone,
 I have had subscription based apps in the past, none at the present time, so I am ok with the idea.
 Obviously, a subscription will generates more revenue than a one time purchase, so I understand why it is prefered by Kosta and Ashley. And I think they deserve the money. I do wonder if the $3 a month charge may scare off some people, remembering the visually impaired community has about an 80% unemployment rate.

Personally, I have no money worries, and I will subscribe to the App to support the App, if for no other reason. But being a huge fan of FlickType classic, I wonder if others may be satisfied with the classic App.