Re: Build 88

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
I am having the same problems that others are reporting. At first, I was prompted for my password several times. Now, when I resubscribe, I am asked for my password once at the beginning, but the password field returns as the "You're all set" dialog appears. After canceling to dismiss, everything is ok until I receive the "FlickType not subscribed" message, which occurs when switching from FlickType to iOS and back again. Sometimes, I can make two keyboard switches before receiving the message. The restore feature does not recognize that I have previously purchased a subscription.
As with Build 86, text that I type is disappearing. It seems to occur when switching keyboards, reading back text--either by using FlickType or VoiceOver, or when entering new lines. I was attempting to determine a pattern or consistency to this disappearing text behavior before reporting.
Does text disappearing have anything to do with toggling visual announcement off? I must remember to toggle visual announcement off every time I switch to the FlickType keyboard. In a future app release, could there be a setting to permanently disable visual announcements for those of us who don’t need them?
I think that I would also prefer a yearly FlickType subscription, but the monthly subscription gives people an opportunity to see how they like FlickType and how much they would use it.
Thank you.
Chanelle

On Jun 16, 2018, at 02:20, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

There's a lot of changes under the hood in this release, so please report any unexpected behavior at all. We are also introducing the paid subscription feature, which has turned out to be quite complex to implement. Thankfully you can help us test out the purchasing flow, including deleting the app and then restoring your purchases upon re-installing, all free of charge. TestFlight will never charge real money, it will only simulate purchasing. We'd also love to hear your thoughts on the instructions and overall experience that a new user would have.

What's new:
- Updated content in "Welcome" tab.
- Added new "Upgrade" tab.
- The custom keyboard will now work without "Full Access", but it won't be able to play sound effects and will only have minimal touch typing functionality without flick gestures or tap typing, since it can't confirm the subscription without a network connection.
- Increased maximum emoji shortcuts from 6 to 10.

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley