Re: Build 80

Thank you Alan for the opportunity to make sure everyone's on the same terminology page:

A container app is an app that also includes one or more app extensions, such as a custom keyboard, a share extension or a widget for the Today screen. Container apps are usually where you go to read instructions or configure settings for the app extensions.

Only one app will contain the custom keyboard extension, and it will be known simply as "FlickType". This is the app you have right now and have always had, and you, beta and App Store users won't need to download anything new to get the custom keyboard feature update. We think this is what most people expect.

The new app will be called "FlickType Classic", and will be exactly what is currently on the App Store, which does not include a custom keyboard. It will simply be there for the few people that want to stick with the original app for any number of reasons.

Regarding "in-app keyboard": As you know, to use a custom keyboard you need to first add it under the iOS Keyboards list. New users who just want to give it a quick spin and see if they like it, usually don't want to go through installing it first. So we are also running the custom keyboard inside the container app (in the tab called "Type"), and this is what I referred to as the "in-app keyboard". I can see how that might be confused for the keyboard that runs inside other apps. I'm not sure what the best term would be for this, happy to hear suggestions. Demo keyboard, perhaps?

Hope this helps,