Re: Build 80

Michael Maslo

Hello kosta,

I was wondering if down the road it will be possible to add words to the dictionary using the custom keyboard. I use the custom keyboard around 99.5 percent of the time. I want to thank you and your wife for the hard work you have put into this keyboard and look forward to a full release to the app store. My other question is if there will be a way to use more emogies with the custom keyboard.

Again I sincerely thank you for an awesome product.

On Jun 6, 2018, at 19:52, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi all, and thank you for the feedback. We really appreciate it, as always, smile!

We totally understand that some folks might miss some of the previous functionality, and we wouldn't want to ever take any of that away. At the same time, the in-app keyboard and the custom keyboard need to be unified in order to make the product simpler and avoid confusing newcomers.

So to preserve all of the previous functionally we will shortly introduce the "FlickType Classic" app which will have all the functionality of the original App Store app, always, for free. We've also done the extra work to minimize any disruption by ensuring that all relevant settings and dictionary words are seamlessly shared between the two apps. And as we keep improving the new container app there will eventually be few reasons to ever use the classic app, but we wanted to make sure everyone's happy until we get there.

Finally, just like with the custom keyboard, starting the new container app from a clean slate means that we can be far more efficient in the long term, even if that means a bit of upfront work. Thankfully most of that work is now behind us, and we will share the classic app with you as soon as it goes through Apple's review. In the meantime, if you really need the old container app back, you can switch back to an older build from TestFlight.

We're happy to answer any questions you may have, and thank you all for testing!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley