Re: Build 80

Benny Barber

Actually, to start typing in the container app, just touch in the middle of the screen and double tap. Thanks

On Jun 6, 2018, at 5:39 PM, Macster <@Macster> wrote:

Hi guys,

My gut reaction regarding the container app was not good, mainly because I'm so used to opening the app and just typing. In this build, I have to flick right twice and double tap to get to the text field. In time, I can get used to it and the layout with the tabs is easy to explore. I miss the symbols, numbers etc on the top row also, though I recognize it did say in the release notes this version is a work in progress.

My main question is this - is this to be the container app for just the custom keyboard when it goes live on the app store, meaning we have the what I will refer to as the classic app available too? Or is the container app what the current app in the app store will become in a future update to accommodate the custom keyboard? I suspect it's the latter, but thought I'd just ask to clarify.

Regarding actual bugs, I haven't come across anything that hasn't already been mentioned yet.

Keep up the good work as always Kosta and Ashley.

Macky
On 6 Jun 2018, at 16:54, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please note: This update replaces the container app with an entirely new app, and some features are not yet implemented. If you need the old container app for any reason, you can always switch back to an older build from TestFlight.

What's new:
- Brand new container app which helps us set the right foundation for the future.
- The first tab is called "Type", and is where you can use the built-in keyboard to type something and then export it using the top right share button.
- The second tab is called "Settings", and currently has some, but not all, of the previous app options. Your settings from previous versions should carry over.
- The third tab is called "Dictionary", and gives you full control of all your dictionary entries. You can read, delete or insert new entries using familiar iOS controls. All your dictionary entries from previous versions should carry over.

Thank you for testing!
Kosta & Ashley