Re: Build 74

Sharon Kim

hello all,
so here's a weird bug I noticed, that is a bit annoying.
When you enter a word manually, and if you hit the wrong letter by
accident, and flick left to delete it, that'll actually delete the
letter, but also add a space. so what you end up having to do is,
delete the rest of the word, and start all over again. And if you
click the wrong letter by accident, you're having to do it all over
again.
It's making typing words manually a bit challenging.

On 5/29/18, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hey Kosta,

In the previous email I added text to finish a thought.

I typed in the message field as for usual. Dismissed the keyboard to find
the send button. I then realized that I had some more feedback to give you
and doubled tapped on the message field again in the email compose screen.
The FlickType cursor was placed at the begining of the email. I had to
switch back to the iOS keyboard to move to the proper place in the message
text field, as FlickType would not move past the first line. I had to
utilize the VO rotor to move to the proper point in the email. I then could
switch back to FlickType and everything worked as expected.

I hope this helps,

Ed Worrell
On May 29, 2018, at 12:25 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Ed,

Whenever you go back to edit existing text, FlickType doesn’t know the
entire contents of the text because iOS only supplies us with roughly a
sentence or so from where the cursor happens to be. So if you go back to
the iOS keyboard and then switch back to FlickType, you will likely have
only one or two sentences available to edit and read back, even though the
entire text should be in the text field. This may also happen if you
remain on FlickType but switch apps. Unfortunately there's even a chance
that there is no workaround for this, apart from something that might be
too fragile and introduce other bugs elsewhere. We'll have to investigate
more on this.

But when dismissing or switching, the cursor should be where you left it
on FlickType. Do you have a small example that can reproduce the behavior
you describe?