Hey Kosta,

In the previous email I added text to finish a thought.

I typed in the message field as for usual. Dismissed the keyboard to find the send button. I then realized that I had some more feedback to give you and doubled tapped on the message field again in the email compose screen. The FlickType cursor was placed at the begining of the email. I had to switch back to the iOS keyboard to move to the proper place in the message text field, as FlickType would not move past the first line. I had to utilize the VO rotor to move to the proper point in the email. I then could switch back to FlickType and everything worked as expected.

I hope this helps,

Ed Worrell

On May 29, 2018, at 12:25 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Ed,

Whenever you go back to edit existing text, FlickType doesn’t know the entire contents of the text because iOS only supplies us with roughly a sentence or so from where the cursor happens to be. So if you go back to the iOS keyboard and then switch back to FlickType, you will likely have only one or two sentences available to edit and read back, even though the entire text should be in the text field. This may also happen if you remain on FlickType but switch apps. Unfortunately there's even a chance that there is no workaround for this, apart from something that might be too fragile and introduce other bugs elsewhere. We'll have to investigate more on this.

But when dismissing or switching, the cursor should be where you left it on FlickType. Do you have a small example that can reproduce the behavior you describe?