I think the space should be manually inserted, too. Many times I don't want a space between my Emojis. Like this,
πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜€πŸ˜Ž

I like the idea of having a space included in the punctuation and emoji list.
Good thinking.πŸ€”

Chuck

On May 28, 2018, at 9:38 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Good point. I would generally want a space between the last word and the emoji.
However, if typing multiple emoji, I would not necessarily want a space between each of them. So perhaps the manual space option is better than the automatic one. I do not want a space bar though.

Dave
On 28 May 2018, at 17:17, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

True

On May 28, 2018, at 11:12 AM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hey,

The other option is to have the keyboard place a space before the emoji.

This might be much simpler for the end user.

Ed
On May 28, 2018, at 10:09 AM, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Since we don't have a space bar, maybe Kosta could put a space option on the list of punctuation, where the emojis are at the top of the list. The space could be below punctuation options. Thanks.

Benny

On May 28, 2018, at 10:52 AM, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,
Benny is correct, you are unable to insert a space between the last word that you wrote and an emoji.
Regards, Paul.
On 28 May 2018, at 16:45, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hey Benny,

The secret to entering an emoji is to flick right to space, then a second space for punctuation. Instead it of flicking down to change the punctuation, you will now flick up and there will be about 5 or 6 emoji characters.

I hope this helps,

Ed
On May 28, 2018, at 9:38 AM, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Ed,

When typing in FlickType mode, I was trying to space after a word and then enter an emoji, but I could not figure out a way to put a space between the last word and the emojiπŸ€”. See the example that I just typed. Thanks.

Benny

On May 28, 2018, at 10:08 AM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hey Benny,

A flick right enters a space after a word is typed. In manual entry mode you cab enter as many spaces as you would like, but again I think this is only after typing a word as well. I thought there was mention of the spacebar in manual typing mode, but I can't seem to get that to show up. Maybe it has been removed to unify the gestures accross input modes.

Ed
On May 28, 2018, at 8:57 AM, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Actually I don't want a new line, but just a space. Thanks.

Benny

On May 28, 2018, at 9:50 AM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hey,

Yes there is. The enter or return key at the bottom right corner of the keyboard will insert a new line.

I hope this helps.

Ed
On May 28, 2018, at 4:58 AM, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Is there a way to enter a manual space in the custom keyboard? Thanks.

On May 27, 2018, at 1:51 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added a "Next Keyboard" button for those having trouble with the flick up & hold gesture. If you don't need the button, you can disable it from the main app settings.
- Also added a setting for a "Dismiss" button similar to the above, but this one is off by default since most people didn't seem to have trouble with the flick down & hold gesture. If you do have trouble performing that gesture, you can enable this button from the settings.
- The shift state now resets after entering a single character, so it behaves more like a shift key rather than a caps lock.
- The shift state now affects words that were not manually typed, meaning that if you switch to uppercase in the middle of a sentence and type a word like "banana", it will be capitalized.
- Words will be capitalized after a new line.
- On devices that support 3D Touch, pressing down harder while exploring the keyboard will toggle the secondary layout, meaning the state of shift if you are in letters, or switch between numbers and symbols if you are in either numbers or symbols.