Re: Great built with some questions...

My text has only vanished twice, and I do a lot of typing. It is not a deal breaker for me.

Chuck

On May 27, 2018, at 11:07 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks for the comments.

On low vision color schemes, as well as the visual appearance of the keyboard, we are planning to improve those soon, but probably not before the custom keyboard launches on the App Store.

On 3D Touch not working for you Ed, it could be the iOS beta that's causing the issue, but you can try adjusting the 3D Touch sensitivity from the Accessibility settings. Also the pressure required for this to work in FlickType may be more than you are used to - if so I might need to reduce that threshold a bit. I should also add here that 3D Touch is not a main area of focus right now, and in fact I mostly wanted to make sure that nobody accidentally triggers it when they don't intend to. The actual action may change, for example it could switch between letters and numbers or symbols, and the action might even be configurable in the future.

On full emoji support within FlickType: this is definitely planned, but might not make it before launching on the App Store. However, customizing the emoji shortcuts should be there soon, before we launch.

On the shortcut options in the main app, are you referring to number or symbol entry? We are currently assessing what we could do with an extra row above the letters, and this could be a number row, or a common symbols row, or something similar to the current app, but we want to make sure the learning curve is not as steep as what's in the main app today. This will probably be something we add post-launch. Also, it would be very helpful if you could tell us the top few use cases that you love about it as it is in the app now. And one final note on this, for email fields we will soon make the @ and period symbols available in the main layout, similar to the iOS keyboard.

Phonetics when performing manual input are coming soon.

On sometimes getting an adjacent letter entered when lifting your finger to do manual input: this was not the case before, but I had to temporarily disable the code that prevented that as it was making selecting the numbers, next keyboard, dismiss and return keys harder to select. This should be fixed soon.

On vanishing text: I am investigating this right now, and is I think the biggest problem we are currently experiencing. One thing I'd love to better assess, is how common this occurrence is. I understand that losing your text even just once can be a very poor experience, but is it currently happening enough that you'd rather use the iOS keyboard instead?

Thanks for your continued feedback, much appreciated, smile.